Iodine Complex is an iodine-iodide complex which is easy to absorb, and represents how the body uses iodine - it does require both forms (iodide and iodine). As such, each small capsule contains both forms and is highly bioavailable and easy on the stomach. Many sensitive individuals who typically react to nutritional iodine are able to tolerate this formula. Using capsule formulations mean no metallic taste! This product is ideal for thyroid hormone production and reproductive organ support.*
- The 'thyroid mineral' iodine supports normal thermoregulation*
- Supports breast, prostate and reproductive health*
- Helps support production of thyroid hormone*
Supports healthy teeth, bones and hair/skin*
- Promotes formation of thyroxine production*
- Supports immune function*
- Iodine deficiency results in impaired cognitive and motor development in children.*
Each vegetarian capsule contains a total of 6.25mg represented as an iodine complex.
The breakdown of the 6.25mg is 3.75 mg Potassium Iodide and 2.5mg as Molecular Iodine.
Take 1 capsule 1 or 2 times daily or as directed by your practitioner. It is most effective when taken on an empty stomach.
Q: Is this a high dose?
A: It depends who you ask. This formula is providing 6.25 mg which is about half the daily consumption by mainland Japanese. Women with breast cancer and fibrocystic disease have been told to take so much more (by their doctors) than the daily value so again, it depends who you ask!
Q: Can I take this formula along with Thyroid Script which also contains iodine?
A: Yes, the combination is fine. There is only 500 micrograms of iodine in Thyroid Script. Micrograms, not milligrams. To help you compare, here’s the amount of iodine you get from food:
1) The dried seaweed in a sushi roll has 4,500 mcg iodine
2) A one cup serving of yogurt contains about 80 mcg iodine
3) Three ounces of cod contains about 100 mcg iodine
4) A ¼ teaspoon serving of iodized salt contains about 70 mcg iodine